New mum, new body

I was hesitant to post this but then I thought fuck it, we’re all human and the sole purpose of this blog is to be real about my experience through pregnancy and motherhood.

12208669_918475654855211_4827294209274912508_n

As you can see, my body has changed dramatically over the past 18 months. Whilst I am pretty much back to my pre-pregnancy weight (a couple of kg’s off), my body is certainly not back to the way it was. I had really bad stretch marks, they thankfully took out a lot of ink on a really shitty hip tattoo I had too. The stretch marks are still prominent and I know they’ll fade over time but I’m starting to come to terms with my new body knowing I carried my beautiful, healthy baby boy for 9 months. The little pooch and I are not friends yet but I’m hoping over time that too will subside. I had a natural, drug-free birth so I’m happy my personal birth plan was fulfilled and am slowly becoming more comfortable in my new skin.

Love the body you’re in, you only have one – plus, you grew another life!

9 Comments Add yours

1. melissalosesit says:

Go Mama! You look amazing. I’m so glad you got the birth you wanted.

2. melissalosesit says:

Go Mama! You look amazing. I’m so glad you got the birth you wanted. Growing a while person is hard work and leaves it’s mark.

Liked by 2 people

1. newmumclub says:

Thank you so much! It sure is but its all worth it πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

3. babylexi says:

Love your post and am sure you will get your body where you want it to be xx All good things just take time.

Liked by 1 person

4. mandanicoleshakes says:

You’re still beautiful!! And you had the cutest belly mama! Love the post πŸ™‚

5. Emma says:

My son is 2 years 3 months old now and my stretch marks (as severe as yours) have only just now started showing signs of fading, but to be honest Iv finally learnt to love mine, I’m comfortable to talk about them, don’t mind showing people and no longer get upset at my scars, I have the most beautiful son and he gives me more happiness everyday than having a perfect body could ever give me, my scars are a memory of a beautiful journey my son has taken me on and I wouldn’t want it any other way, good on you mumma for putting yourself out there and showing other mums it’s ok to not have a perfect body, your an inspiration!! The scars will fade but the love you created will only grow stronger xx

Liked by 1 person

1. newmumclub says:

I too have learned to love mine. You are totally right and I have this beautiful little human to show for it. Thanks for sharing your story xx